Unfortunately, there are people who are hostile towards plant-based meals, but in reality, our bodies need plants to function at optimum performance. The vitamins, fibre, and minerals in plants are essential for us.
There is some technicality in preparing the Eggplant Bowl recipe, even though you can still get the kids involved. The more they can help out the more likely they are to share in what has been prepared, why not try it out?
- 2 x pots
- 1 Eggplant - medium
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 150 gm Pineapple - peeled & cubed (tiny pieces)
- 1 clove Garlic - peeled
- 1 Lemon - juiced
- 180 gm Quinoa
- 1 Avocado - peel, cut into 1/4's
- 150 gm Basil - fresh
- 150 gm Cilantro (coriander) - fresh
- 95 gm Walnuts
- 65 gm Olive Oil
- 30 gm Lemon juice
- 3 cloves Garlic - peeled
- Celtic sea salt
- Lemon pepper - fresh
- Blend all ingredients in food processor till desired consistency is reached
- Dice and blanch eggplant in boiling water for 5minutes-drain.
- Clean & Slice 2 portobello mushrooms and sauté in 3 T olive oil and 2 T fresh lemon juice, 3 small cloves fresh chopped garlic -add drained eggplant and cook until desired tenderness.
- Add pineapple and warm together
- Add pesto. Mix together.
- In a separate pot simmer quinoa in water until tender. (usually 1 cup quinoa to 1 ½ cup water, simmer for 15 minutes), remove from heat.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons quinoa in bowl witheggplant & mushrooms.
- Garnish with slices of avocado (1/4) on top of eggplant & mushroom bowl.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!