Tasty recipe that is suitable for the whole family, which is vegan friendly and gluten free. Made with all organic ingredients.
- 2 x pots
- 1 Eggplant - medium
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms
- 150 gm Pineapple - peeled & cubed (tiny pieces)
- 1 clove Garlic - peeled
- 1 Lemon - juiced
- 180 gm Quinoa
- 1 Avocado - peel, cut into 1/4's
- 150 gm Basil - fresh
- 150 gm Cilantro (coriander) - fresh
- 95 gm Walnuts
- 65 gm Olive Oil
- 30 gm Lemon juice
- 3 cloves Garlic - peeled
- Celtic sea salt
- Lemon pepper - fresh
- Blend all ingredients in food processor till desired consistency is reached
- Dice and blanch eggplant in boiling water for 5minutes-drain.
- Clean & Slice 2 portobello mushrooms and sauté in 3 T olive oil and 2 T fresh lemon juice, 3 small cloves fresh chopped garlic -add drained eggplant and cook until desired tenderness.
- Add pineapple and warm together
- Add pesto. Mix together.
- In a separate pot simmer quinoa in water until tender. (usually 1 cup quinoa to 1 ½ cup water, simmer for 15 minutes), remove from heat.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons quinoa in bowl witheggplant & mushrooms.
- Garnish with slices of avocado (1/4) on top of eggplant & mushroom bowl.
Optional: add fresh homemade salsa on top as garnish. optional: hot pepper flakes on top
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!