Snack Time - Maple Walnut Cream Cheese
Written by Renata Trebing
Often we are rushed for something nutritious and quick to fill that hunger void growing within us, welll here is a great recipe to help that situation.
Utilizing maple syrup and walnuts, with cream cheese, and you have a mix of heaven that will satisfy any snack cravings should they bother you from time to time. Use this spread on any bread, be that rye, a sourdough or even a humble bagel with its endless flavorings and combinations.
As you can see in the images the author has used fruits, berries, kiwi fruit and peaches, to jazz up her snack options, so feel free to copy her, or invent your own combination. (Maple Walnut Cream Cheese)
Maple Walnut Cream Cheese
- 8 oz light cream cheese or Neufchatel - softened
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup walnuts - chopped
- 1 tsp stevia or monkfruit sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a small pan, add chopped walnuts and stevia/monkfruit sweetener.
- Turn on the burner to medium low heat and gently toast the walnuts and caramelize the sweetener, while continuously stirring, to ensure the nuts do not burn.
- Once golden brown, transfer the nuts to a medium sized bowl to cool.
- After the nuts are cooled, add the cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix ingredients till well combined.
- Serve cream cheese over your favorite bagels e.g. wholewheat or even pumpkin bagels go great with this cream cheese.
If there is a recipe you would like to learn, and cannot find anywhere, on the internet or by asking your contacts, feel free to give us a shout out. We would be more than happy to help with our contacts you never know what we can turning up.
If you have a killer recipe, you feel E-Bubble Life readers would appreciate and benefit from, feel free to send it through to us. I am sure your recipe would be a great addition to our ever-growing collection. Just think You could soon be in print!
Either leave a message or the entire recipe in the comments section below, remember if you do send through a recipe, it must be your own and accompanied by high-res images, thank you!