Dips - Red Kidney Bean Hummus
Recipe by Tenina Holder
Dips are perfect when entertaining guests, as well as being a healthy filler between meals for the kids. Dips are cost-effective and can be part of a well-balanced diet. This recipe for Red Kidney Bean Hummus is a variation of the more traditional Middle eastern Hummus recipe, popular worldwide.
Dips are perfect as a starter, or as a substitute for butter in a sandwich, roll or wrap, and this Red Kidney Bean Hummus is suitable for all of the above.
Red Kidney Bean Hummus
- food processor
- 1 red onion - halved
- 2 cl garlic
- 25 gm Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 x 420g tin red kidney beans - drained
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 50 gm tomato paste
- 1 Lime - Zest and juice
- Chop onion, garlic, and combine with EVOO and spices a fry pan and saute until golden. Cool slightly before transferring to a food processor.
- Add seasoning, kidney beans, ice and tomato paste and blend until smooth. The ice will give you a lovely texture as it melts.
- Scrape into a serving bowl and top with lime zest and juice and a drizzle of EVOO.
- Serve with tortilla wedges or corn chips. Alternatively, use in quesadillas, as a topping on tacos, or add to some cooked chicken and cheese as an enchilada filling.
If there is a recipe you would like to learn, and cannot find anywhere, on the internet or by asking your contacts, feel free to give us a shout out. We would be more than happy to help with our contacts you never know what we can turn up.
If you have a killer recipe, you feel E-Bubble Life readers would appreciate and benefit from, feel free to send it through to us. I am sure your recipe would be a great addition to our ever-growing collection. Just think You could soon be in print!
Either leave a message or the entire recipe in the comments section below, remember if you do send through a recipe, it must be your own and accompanied by high-res images, thank you!