Date Fudge Cookies
Written by Kevin Kapusi Starow
These tasty little cookies, the date fudge cookies, are simple to make and packed full of goodness. You will notice there is no added sugar, as there is enough in the dates, which are naturally packed full of sweetness. The macadamia nuts add the body and the cocoa, or chocolate if you prefer (will make the final product denser). Understand that if you use a quality product you will get spectacular results, be warned though these little nuggets can be addictive.
These date fudge Cookies are perfect for anyone with gluten intolerances or for that matter issues with dairy, they are totally vegan. They are just packed full of goodness, which many of you will be able to appreciate, so why not try them for yourself, and the family, soon.
Date Fudge Cookies
- baking tray
- food processor
- Dessert Spoon
- 150 gm Macadamia nuts
- 80 gm Fresh Dates - pip removed
- 2 tbls Coco Powder
- 1 Lemon - zested
- Cinnamon Powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or a silicon mat
- Add the nuts, dates, zest and cinnamon to a food processor and process till smooth
- Add the beetroots, coriander and seasoning, then blend till a smooth paste.
- Remove half of the mix and set aside. Add the coco to the remaining half and blend till incorporated.
- Using a teaspoon take a spoonful of each mixture and gently roll them together into a ball. Place onto the baking tray and make an indent with your thumb pressing down firmly. Add a slither of macadamia nut if you prefer.
- Bake for 5 – 10 minutes till the base is golden, then cool.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!
Date Fudge Cookies Date Fudge Cookies