Although the combination of celeriac, parsnip and pear seem somewhat at odds with each other. They really work well together especially in this recipe for Celeriac & Pear Soup. We have sparked it up with the use of the fresh truffle, which is not necessary.
Soups are always a perfect starter to a meal, and this one is no exception it hits the mark with taste and heartiness. It is though not what I would call a beginners recipe as there is a level of technical skill required.
If you have a special dinner for the boss, relatives or that special love interest Celeriac & Pear Soup is the perfect choice for a starter.
Celeriac & Pear Soup
- Immersion blender
- fine sieve
- 200 gm Butter
- 5 Shallots - peeled & diced
- 500 gm Parsnip - peeled & diced
- 250 gm Celeriac - peeled & diced
- 250 gm Pear - peeled, cored & diced
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 250 ml White Wine
- 1.2 lt Chicken Stock
- 125 ml Milk - whole cream
- 125 ml Cream - 35%
- Melt half of the butter in a pan, with a dash of grapeseed oil, once hot enough, sweat off the shallots for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pear, parsnip, celeriac, & rosemary, sweat off for a further 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the wine, and reduce by half.
- Now add the stock and simmer till tender, then add the milk & cream.
- Remove the rosemary, add the remaining butter and blend till smooth with either an immersion blender, or food processor.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- Drizzle with olive oil and shaved truffle, and serve.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!