MAKES 12 | PREP TIME: 5 MINS | COOK TIME: 40 MINS
These are too easy. You can actually pre-make the whole thing then just re-heat on demand. But for best results I suggest leaving the grilling of the parmey at the end, until you are ready to serve. So pre-do the rest. Then go from there. Fresh, fragrant, yummy, quick, delicious, feed the world. It's as easy to portion control as 1 cup per guest. Go for it, open a cafe!!
- 12 eggs
- Drizzle of fresh cream
- 1/2 Cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup parmesan, grated or shaved
- 250 g short cut bacon (of smoked salmon is also nice)
- A little butter or oil for greasing
- Pink Salt Flakes and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Lightly grease a 12 cup friand or muffin pan, or individual ramekins.
- Cut the bacon or salmon with kitchen scissors to fit the bottom of each cup exactly.
- Sprinkle with the swiss cheese.
- Crack a whole egg into each cup and drizzle a little cream over each one. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook in oven on a tray until eggs are set. (approximately 8-10 minutes, don’t over do it!)
- Remove. Put parmesan on top and finish under a grill for 5-10 minutes.