Written by Kevin Kapusi Starow
You hear about antipasto, and tapas, though perhaps are unsure of how to do it at home. Jamon Grissini with Truffle Mayo is a simple to prepare option for any antipasto or tapas menu. You can choose to either make your own grissini, or purchase a pre prepared one from the grocer. Feel free to hit us up for a free grisini recipe, just email us your request and we will get it through to you.
Jamon Grissini with Truffle Mayo is a basic recipe if you cannot get your hands on truffle paste. You can use something else, such as chipolte pepper paste, citrus, or any number of alternatives. In our recipe we take you through the process of making the mayonnaise. Though again if you are not comfortable, a store bought option can work too.
Jamon Grissini with Truffle Mayo
- Immersion blender
- deep container
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Lemon - juiced
- 2 cl Garlic - grated fine
- 120 ml Grapeseed Oil
- 60 ml Truffle Oil
- 20 gm Truffle Puree
- 12 Jamon - slices (thin), halved lengthways
- 24 Grissini - thin
- Blend together the egg, and garlic.
- Gradually add the oils till the aioli thickens to the desired consistency.
- Add the puree and mix thoroughly.
- Season to with the lemon juice, and fill into a sauce bottle.
- Wrap a half slice of jamon around the top of each grissini stick.
- Arrange the grissini on a platter, and garnish with a liberal amount of Aioli, and garnish with a selection of herbs.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!