Written by Kevin Kapusi Starow
Ceviche is a particular way of enjoying seafood, the cooking comes from the acids in the dressing. This recipe for Kingfish Ceviche is spectacular, Kingfish is a beautiful fish to enjoy, with its soft white flesh and delicate taste.
This is a simple recipe using fresh lime juice, paired with sliced chillies, for that added punch. Making this Kingfish Ceviche recipe one that packs a punch of flavour in the mouth.
This is not a beginners recipe, as there is some pretty intensive slicing required, so you need to be competent with a knife.
- 1 kg Kingfish fillet
- 100 gm Red Chili - diced fine
- 200 gm Radish selection - sliced thin (watermelon, purple, red)
- 60 gm Candied Lime zest
- Lime Juice
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Soak the radish slices in iced water for 2 hours prior to service.
- Clean the fillet of all traces of colour, blood etc.
- Slice into 1-2mm slices, and lay onto a serving dish
- Sprinkle with chili.
- Dress with the lime juice, and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the fish.
- Arrange the radish slices over the top.
- Finally dress with the candied lime, and garnish with chervil sprigs.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!