Chimmichurri is a staple in homes throughout South America, each one of which adds has its own special touch to the recipe. The accompaniment is used predominantly for BBQ meat dishes in particular Asado, though in reality can be served with just about anything. Kale and Horseradish Chimichurri is a variation of this basic recipe which although not traditional, punches above its weight.
This recipe for Kale and Horseradish Chimichurri brings together the sharpness of horseradish, with the tartness of Kale. Combine this with fresh chilli, and the freshness of lemons, then you have an amazing accompaniment to any red meat.
Kale and Horseradish Chimichurri
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen spoon
- 1/2 cup kale - very finely chopped
- 2 tsp horseradish - depending on spice level desired
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chillies - chopped
- 3/4 tsp oregano - dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, add all the ingredients, starting with 2 tsp of horseradish, and mix well.
- Taste and add more horseradish as desired.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- This chimichurri goes so well with any grilled or roasted meat, and vegetables, like sweet potato wedges.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!