Lets face it pumpkin is an ever favorite, and combine that with a currently popular quinoa stuffing as an ingredient and you have a winner every time, its Quinoa stuffed!
In this recipe the author has created a delicious recipe that is also suitable for those who prefer to be vegan (if you leave out the cheese) or vegetarian. A segment of society whom are often passed over and forgotten in recipe books or on cooking programs.
This is a simple enough recipe for anyone to prepare that is packed full of healthy goodness, providing the body with many of its daily dietary needs. The recipe requires little in the way of equipment, so you can pretty much make do with what you have already.
Quinoa Stuffed Butternut Pumpkin
- baking tray
- 2 small or 1 large butternut pumpkin
- EVOO as needed
- Pink salt flakes as needed
- Handful fresh oregano leaves - plus some more
- 1 red capsicum - deseeded and quartered
- 70 g quinoa - rinsed and drained
- 1 L water for steaming
- 50 g eschalots - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- Handful flat leaf parsley - roughly chopped
- 20 g EVOO
- 100 g pistachios - shelled
- ½ punnet grape tomatoes - halved
- 100 g feta - crumbled
- Juice 1 lemon
- Additional chopped herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with paper.
- Prepare butternut by halving and scooping out seeds. Place on lined tray with red capsicum. Brush vegetables liberally with EVOO, sprinkle with salt and divide oregano leaves between pieces.
- Roast in hot oven for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling by steaming the quinoa in a double boiler until fluffy. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Place eschalots, garlic, parsley and EVOO into a frying pan and gently saute. Toss through the cooked quinoa.
- Remove roasted capsicum and pumpkin from oven and allow to cool slightly. Cut the capsicum into pieces.
- Add to quinoa, with pistachios, grape tomatoes, feta and lemon juice and stir through.
- Fill the centre of each piece of butternut with filling and drizzle with EVOO.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Serve garnished with additional oregano leaves.
If there is a recipe you would like to learn, and cannot find anywhere, on the internet or by asking your contacts, feel free to give us a shout out. We would be more than happy to help with our contacts you never know what we can turning up.
If you have a killer recipe, you feel E-Bubble Life readers would appreciate and benefit from, feel free to send it through to us. I am sure your recipe would be a great addition to our ever-growing collection. Just think You could soon be in print!
Either leave a message or the entire recipe in the comments section below, remember if you do send through a recipe, it must be your own and accompanied by high-res images, thank you!
Quinoa Stuffed, Quinoa Stuffed, Quinoa Stuffed