Written by Renata Trebing
Scones are always a favourite, and now with this recipe for Saffron Apricot and Pistachio Scones are delicious. Combining beautiful pistachio with dried apricots, and the decadence of saffron truly make this recipe something to savour.
Saffron Apricot and Pistachio Scones are a perfect recipe to get the kids involved in cooking, the steps are simple enough. As long as you use the best ingredient you can afford, well not much can really go wrong here. Well except perhaps incorrectly weighing an ingredient or two, or dropping something.
This is a perfect recipe to prepare during wet and windy days.
Saffron, Apricot and Pistachio Scones
- Mixing bowl
- baking tray
- 2 cups Gluten Free flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cold butter - cubed
- 250 ml milk
- 1 pinch saffron
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C,https://ebubblelife.com/wattleseed-maple-pavlova/ 400 deg F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Warm the milk in the microwave and sprinkle the saffron on top of the milk. This will allow the saffron to steep into the milk and make it a gorgeous ochre color.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the cold butter cubes to the flour mixture, and using your finger tips, rub the butter into the flour mixture, until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add in the apricots and pistachios and stir together.
- Pour in the saffron-infused milk, and mix together until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto the kitchen counter that has been lightly dusted with flour. Bring the dough together to form a ball, then flatten the ball to about a 1" thick.
- Using a round biscuit cutter, cut scones out of the flattened dough ball and place on the prepared tray. Gather any dough remnants to form another ball of dough, then flatten out and repeat cutting out scones, till all the dough is used up.
- Bake the scones in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins, till the scones are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut in half and spread with butter. Enjoy!
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!