Saffron, Apricot and Pistachio Scones
A tasty sweet treat perfect for a morning tea, or afternoon tea.
- Mixing bowl
- baking tray
- 2 cups Gluten Free flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cold butter - cubed
- 250 ml milk
- 1 pinch saffron
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C,https://ebubblelife.com/wattleseed-maple-pavlova/ 400 deg F. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Warm the milk in the microwave and sprinkle the saffron on top of the milk. This will allow the saffron to steep into the milk and make it a gorgeous ochre color.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the cold butter cubes to the flour mixture, and using your finger tips, rub the butter into the flour mixture, until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add in the apricots and pistachios and stir together.
- Pour in the saffron-infused milk, and mix together until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto the kitchen counter that has been lightly dusted with flour. Bring the dough together to form a ball, then flatten the ball to about a 1" thick.
- Using a round biscuit cutter, cut scones out of the flattened dough ball and place on the prepared tray. Gather any dough remnants to form another ball of dough, then flatten out and repeat cutting out scones, till all the dough is used up.
- Bake the scones in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins, till the scones are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut in half and spread with butter. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!