Lamb is always a favorite especially around spring time when I feel lam is at its peak. Here is a recipe to highlight the meat to it potential Grilled Rump with Pistachio Crust.
Dont get worried, it might sound difficult to prepare, though once you read through the recipe you soon realise it is actually easy. Combining aromatics such as garlic, together with thyme and mint, which pairs with lamb well. Then encased in a crunchy pistachio and panko crumb crust, delicious.
Grilled Rump with Pistachio Crust is perfect for impressing that special love interest, or an important family or business meal.
Grilled Rump with Pistachio Crust
- Mixing bowl
- Heavy frypan
- Marinate the rump in the wine garlic, herbs, lemon zest, and squeeze the juice of the lemons in as well. Cover and allow to marinate for several hours.
- Once marinating has had time to take effect, remove the steak from the marinade & pat dry on paper towel.
- In a separate bowl combine the nuts, crumbs, mint, lemon, & butter into a tacky paste.
- Add a portion of the crust on the top of each rump, and spread out evenly.
- Cook in a preheated oven, 80c for 45 -55 minutes, depending on how you prefer your meat, longer if necessary.
- Allow the meat to rest for 10 - 15 mins prior to service.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!