Provided by Bananas Australia
Summer Banana Fruit Salad is something special, it is a celebration of life, and the abundance of what the garden has to offer. Below the recipe, there are some suggestions for alternate fruit for different seasons.
Make sure you only use produce in season, as it will be at its peak, plus you will be aiding in making the world a little more sustainable.
Summer Banana Fruit Salad
- food processor
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 4 bananas - sliced (Lady Finger or Cavendish)
- 1 small pineapple peeled - chopped
- 2 mangoes peeled and chopped
- 300 g cherries - pitted
- 2 peaches - chopped
- 1 cup purple grapes sliced
- 250 g strawberries hulled - halved
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled - chopped
- ½ cup pistachio kernels - toasted, roughly chopped
- Small basil leaves or edible flower - to garnish, optional
- Thick greek yoghurt - to serve
- Basil sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 6 large basil leaves
- For the basil sugar; place sugar and basil in a small food processor. Process and until finely chopped. Transfer to a jar, refrigerate until needed.
- For the fruit salad; combine all the fruit in a large bowl. Spoon over two-thirds of the basil sugar and stir gently to coat.
- Sprinkle over the pistachio then remaining basil sugar. Scatter over the basil leaves or flowers and serve with yoghurt.
• Basil sugar will keep up to 3 weeks in the fridge in an airtight jar
• Autumn fruit salad combo: Banana, apple, grapes, kiwi fruit, pear, nashi and passionfruit
• Winter fruit salad combo: Banana, apple, custard apple, mandarin, nashi, persimmon, kiwi fruit and passionfruit
• Spring fruit salad combo: Banana, grapes, melon, pineapple, tangelo, berries and passionfruit
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!
Summer Banana Fruit Salad Summer Banana Fruit Salad