Brought to you by Bananas Australia
Serves: 6 | Prep: 30 mins
• 4 bananas, sliced (Lady Finger or Cavendish)
• 1 small pineapple peeled, chopped
• 2 mangoes peeled and chopped
• 300g cherries, pitted
• 2 peaches, chopped
• 1 cup purple grapes sliced
• 250g strawberries hulled, halved
• 2 kiwi fruit peeled, chopped
• ½ cup pistachio kernels, toasted, roughly chopped
• Small basil leaves or edible flower, to garnish, optional
• Thick greek yoghurt, to serve
• Basil sugar
• ¼ cup white sugar
• 6 large basil leaves
For the basil sugar; place sugar and basil in a small food processor. Process and until finely chopped. Transfer to a jar, refrigerate until needed.
- For the fruit salad; combine all the fruit in a large bowl. Spoon over two-thirds of the basil sugar and stir gently to coat.
- Sprinkle over the pistachio then remaining basil sugar. Scatter over the basil leaves or flowers and serve with yoghurt.
• Basil sugar will keep up to 3 weeks in the fridge in an airtight jar
• Autumn fruit salad combo: Banana, apple, grapes, kiwi fruit, pear, nashi and passionfruit
• Winter fruit salad combo: Banana, apple, custard apple, mandarin, nashi, persimmon, kiwi fruit and passionfruit
• Spring fruit salad combo: Banana, grapes, melon, pineapple, tangelo, berries and passionfruit