Vegan Banana Cake
Written by Blanched Baby
Here is a delicious sweet recipe that utilizes those mature bananas that have outlasted their eating time, though not their cooking time. Often bananas are wasted once they reach a certain point, the best thing to do in that case, is to peel them and pop them in the freezer. From there you can use them in recipes that require cooking, such as this one for Vegan Banana Cake.
What I love about this recipe is that not only does it taste great, it is also suitable for people on a vegan diet! Bonus, its a win win all around.
Vegan Banana Cake With Coconut Topping
- Mixing bowl
- Cake Tin
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 3 bananas - overly ripe
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup soy milk - Any other milk of choice is absolutely fine
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan force).
- In a mixing bowl add the plain flour, sugar, bicarb soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, mashed bananas, soy milk and ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Well oil a baking dish/tin and pour the mixture inside. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and gently place a knife around the cake to loosen it from the tin. Once cooled release and remove the cake from the tin.
- Place a saucepan on a medium heat and add the coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Once it starts to bubble, turn to a low heat and stir every couple of minutes until the sauce becomes thickened. You will know when it's ready when the sauce thickly coats your mixing spoon.
- Pour over your cake and enjoy!
If there is a recipe you would like to learn, and cannot find anywhere, on the internet or by asking your contacts, feel free to give us a shout out. We would be more than happy to help with our contacts you never know what we can turning up.
If you have a killer recipe, you feel E-Bubble Life readers would appreciate and benefit from, feel free to send it through to us. I am sure your recipe would be a great addition to our ever-growing collection. Just think You could soon be in print!
Either leave a message or the entire recipe in the comments section below, remember if you do send through a recipe, it must be your own and accompanied by high-res images, thank you!