Homemade Ramen Bowls
Being a soup tragic, it will be no surprise to you that Ramen is a favorite variety of soup for me. Many times have I savored the scolding hot broth, slurping up the noodles in a ramen bar on a winters day in northern Japan. Nothing is better as, outside the wind is blowing, the snow falling to warn and nourish the body, with a bowl of Ramen.
Those freshly made noodles and the umami, jam packed broth, served with a selection of ingredients, makes me hungry now thinking about it. This recipe for Homemade Ramen Bowls created a similar experience for you at home, wherever you may be.
Homemade Ramen Bowls with Kombu
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 inch ginger - grated
- 4 cups beef bone broth
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp mirin
- Two 2" pieces of kombu
- Two 3 oz packs of ramen noodles
- Optional toppings: Soft boiled eggs - kale, chopped green onions, furikake, red pepper flakes, sliced beef brisket, toasted sesame oil
- Take a large pot or Dutch oven and add the vegetable oil. Warm the pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and saute till softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and stir till fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the soy sauce/coconut aminos and mirin. Stir to combine.
- Add the bone broth and kombu.
- Bring the broth up to a gentle simmer, not boiling, for about 10 minutes.
- If needed, skim any froth from the surface of the broth.
- Remove the kombu from the broth before the broth starts boiling.
- Add the ramen noodles and cook per the packet instructions, usually about 2-3 minutes, or till tender.
- Serve the noodles and broth in large bowls, and top with your favorite ramen bowl toppings such as soft boiled eggs, kale, chopped green onions, sliced beef brisket and toasted sesame oil.
- Enjoy immediately!
If there is a recipe you would like to learn, and cannot find anywhere, on the internet or by asking your contacts, feel free to give us a shout out. We would be more than happy to help with our contacts you never know what we can turning up.
If you have a killer recipe, you feel E-Bubble Life readers would appreciate and benefit from, feel free to send it through to us. I am sure your recipe would be a great addition to our ever-growing collection. Just think You could soon be in print!
Either leave a message or the entire recipe in the comments section below, remember if you do send through a recipe, it must be your own and accompanied by high-res images, thank you!