Written by Kevin Kapusi Starow
Toffee Chocolate is based upon a classical French recipe better known as Creme Brulee, a light creamy dessert scented with vanilla. This recipe has the addition of cocoa and is finished off with fresh raspberries, which complement the chocolate aspect.
If you are looking to impress a business associate or a romantic interest, Toffee Chocolate is the cap to a wonderful dinner you are looking for. If you don't have a ramekin such as the one pictured here, just use any dish that is oven-proof. Also if you prefer strawberries or blueberries, use them instead of raspberries, make the recipe your own, and have fun with it.
- 150 gm Maple Syrup
- 6 Eggs yolks
- 1 Vanilla Bean - halved & scraped
- 350 ml Cream - double
- 100 gm Cocoa Powder
- Brown Sugar
- 2 pnt Raspberries
- Vanilla Yoghurt
- Whisk together the syrup, cocoa, and the eggs, until the mixture becomes pale in colour.
- Heat the cream in a pot with the vanilla, do not boil, and once steam begins to rise from the surface it is hot enough.
- Mix together the cream & egg mixtures and combine well.
- Strain through a fine sieve, into a clean container, then fill several porcelain containers with the mix.
- Place the containers into a deep tray, add a little water to the tray, and place in a pre-heated oven 180c for 20 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the oven & chill.
- Prior to serving, dust with brown sugar and caramelize with a blow-torch.
- Serve with raspberries and fresh yoghurt.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!
Toffee Chocolate Toffee Chocolate