Something for the Adults!
The chocolate walnut tart is fine for the whole family though to make it a treat for the grown ups add the Bourbon cream and you will soon be singing a new tune of happiness.
Chocolate and walnuts are an amazing combination and this tart recipe is a sure winner for the whole family, or even if you are having a grown ups night. There are some technicalities to this recipe, it needs a little more attention, though I am sure you are more than capable of pulling it off.
This chocolate walnut tart will be a fitting accompaniment to any dinner party, I think the best idea is to try it out for yourself. If it works use it at your next party, though if it dosnt, then you just need to practice cooking it a few more times.
Chocolate Walnut Tart with Bourbon Cream
- food processor
- cake form
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla bean - freeze dried or roasted (see note)
- 200 g flour
- 100 g butter - cubed and chilled
- Pinch pink salt flakes
- 60 g sour cream
- 110 g bitter dark chocolate - melted (over 70% if possible)
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml pure maple syrup
- 100 g dark muscovado sugar
- 120 g unsalted butter - softened
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200 g walnut pieces - roasted
- Place sugar and vanilla bean into a food processor and mill until fine.
- Add remaining pastry ingredients except sour cream and mix until a crumb forms.
- Add sour cream and continue mixing until you have a ball of dough.
- Tip dough out onto floured silpat mat and push into a disc. Refrigerate 15-30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry and line a 24 cm flan tin with removable base with the pastry. Place into the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and set aside.16
- Place all remaining filling ingredients except the walnuts into a food processor and blend well. Stir though the walnuts.
- Brush the pastry base with the melted chocolate. Pour filling over. Bake 45-50 minutes until just set in the centre. Cool completely before topping with the cream.
- To make the bourbon cream, place 400ml cream, 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, 3 tsp icing sugar and 20ml bourbon into a stand mixer and whip until soft peaks form. Top the pie with this cream in billowy mounds. Garnish with grated dark chocolate, or more chopped walnuts.
If there is a recipe you would like to learn, and cannot find anywhere, on the internet or by asking your contacts, feel free to give us a shout out. We would be more than happy to help with our contacts you never know what we can turning up.
If you have a killer recipe, you feel E-Bubble Life readers would appreciate and benefit from, feel free to send it through to us. I am sure your recipe would be a great addition to our ever-growing collection. Just think You could soon be in print!
Either leave a message or the entire recipe in the comments section below, remember if you do send through a recipe, it must be your own and accompanied by high-res images, thank you!