Written by Renata Trebing
- In a large pot, add water, sweet potato and butternut squash chunks.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer sweet potatoes and butternut squash til they are fork tender.
- Drain off the water and return the sweet potatoes and butternut squash to the same pot.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder and butter to the mixture.
- Using an immersion blender, blend very well till creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve warm.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, for up to 1 week.