Who doesn't love a good mash and this one has all the goods to complete a well-rounded meal Mashed Sweet Potatoes. A great accompaniment for almost any winter meal, hearty and warm, packed full of healthy goodness.
Sweet potatoes and butternut squash in a combination together work so very well, they are inexpensive and nutritious. There is no simpler recipe to prepare for tonight's dinner, you can even get the kids to finish it off, so what have you got to lose? Mashed Sweet Potatoes recipe can be changed to suit the taste of your family with the addition of herbs, or removing the garlic. The important thing is to make it your own.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Butternut Squash
- 3 large sweet potatoes - peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium butternut squash - peeled, de-seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 tbsp butter
- In a large pot, add water, sweet potato and butternut squash chunks.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer sweet potatoes and butternut squash til they are fork tender.
- Drain off the water and return the sweet potatoes and butternut squash to the same pot.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder and butter to the mixture.
- Using an immersion blender, blend very well till creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve warm.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!