Written by Kevin Kapusi Starow
Passionfruit & Watermelon Shooters is a recipe that is stunning to the eye. When you use fresh quality ingredients, it tantalizes the tastebuds as well. This is a little bit of a special recipe, though if you have the time and patience it will delight the family.
Passionfruit & Watermelon Shooters is a great recipe for dinners or that finisher to impress your boss or love interest. the freshness of sweet watermelon, combined with the tartness of passionfruit works together well. Finished off with the edible soil with fresh oats and maple syrup, is delicious.
Passionfruit & Watermelon Shooters
- vacuum sealer
- Mixing bowl
- baking tray
Passionfruit Fluid Gel
- 150 gm Passionfruit Puree - strained (no seeds)
- 0.25 gm Agar Agar
- 8 gm Thick n Cold Powder
- 300 gm Watermelon Meat - sliced (1 cm)
- 50 gm Oats
- 25 gm Cocoa - bitter
- 10 ml Maple Syrup
- 10 gm Sultanas
- Mix together the oats, a pinch of cinnamon, and the maple syrup.
- Lay on a lined baking tray and bake of till toasted, stir every few minutes to ensure an even colour.
- Allow to cool.
- Blend in a food processor together with the sultanas, & coco.
- Add more maple syrup to ensure a moist soil texture.
- Blend together the puree, honey, and agar, and bring to the boil.
- Allow to cool, once cold 5c, add the thick n cold and combine with an immersion blender.
- Cover and store.
- Remove any skin or seeds.
- Vacuum seal in a bag, at full pressure.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes
- Remove and dice into ½ cm size.
- In a shot glass, ¾ fill with the watermelon, top with the soil, half fill a pipett with the fluid gel, and insert in the side. Top with a few sprigs of lemon balm, and serve.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!