If you are a chicken lover and are not averse to spice, and I am not talking about chilli spice, but the more general spices. Then this is the recipe for you, Spiced Sumac Chicken is a combination of spices including sumac and paprika, that when combined. Help to create an amazing flavour experience, the family will love, with its middle eastern flavours.
The best thing about this recipe is its simplicity, simply throw the chicken, and spices in a bag, such as a zip lock lunch bag. Mix it all together, then either grill or roast off in the oven, very little mess, or washing up. Perfect for those of us that are time-poor.
Spiced Sumac Chicken
- Mixing bowl
- 6 Chicken Thighs - bone in
- 150 gm Sumac
- 50 gm Cumin - toasted & ground
- 50 gm Coriander seeds - toasted & ground
- 25 gm Smoked Paprika
- 1 Lemon - zested
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Pat the chicken pieces down with paper towel and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the spices and lemon zest, and mix together till evenly covered.
- Add a splash of olive oil, some pepper and a little salt for taste.
- Mix another time, then cover and allow to marinate for half an hour.
- In a hot griddle pan, or BBQ, please ensure the metal is screaming hot. Lay the chicken out on the plate and allow to cook for several minutes till well caramelized.
- Turn the chicken and allow to soak for a few minutes prior to finishing off in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with minted yoghurt, and perhaps a Fattoush salad
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!