Written by Kevin Kapusi Starow
- 10 Nectarines halved & pip removed
- 5 Asparagus Spears, green trimmed, blanched & refreshed
- 4 Baby Beetroot, roasted, peeled & quartered
- 1 Tomato, peeled & seeded
- 20 Crostini (thin sliced bread that has been toasted)
- Puffed Wild Rice
Almond Milk Ingredients
- 200gm Toasted Almonds, crushed
- 150 ml Almond milk (non sweetened)
Blood orange gel Ingredients
- 250 ml Blood Orange Juice
- 5 gm Gellan
- I like to grill the nectarines on a hot French grill plate, to get eh bar marks. Do this for all cut sided of the fruit.
- Cut the halves into quarters.
- Slice the sections of tomato into several pieces, as you prefer.
- Place the nuts and milk in a pot together with a pinch of salt and sugar. Then heat to 90c for several minutes.
- Allow to infuse for half an hour, then blend with an immersion blender till smooth.
- Pass the liquid through a fine cloth to remove any nut remnants, place in a container and cool.
- Place the juice into a pot and sheer in the gellan with an immersion blender.
- Heat to 95c to allow the gel to hydrate.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool blend with an immersion blender till smooth, adjust with extra juice if required.
- Arrange a selection of the nectarine quarters, tomato, beetroot, and asparagus spears on your chosen plates.
- Pipe several spots of gel onto your plate.
- Top with the puffed rice and the crostini
- Then flood the plate with the almond milk