Grilled Nectarine Salad
This is a special dish sure to be appreciated by the majority, it has a variety of flavours. Utilising the freshness, offered by the summer garden. This is a complete salad with asparagus, beetroot, tomato, and sweet almonds.
The versatility of this dish is evident, with such a flavour punch it is sure to be a winner, plus for the vegetarians and vegans amongst us. This Grilled Nectarine Salad is suitable for all of you as it uses no animal products, perfect.
I don't like all of the labels, there is a huge push on throughout the world for plant-based dining. Good for should be that, tasty and appealing to the dinner, either plant or meat-based.
Grilled Nectarine Salad
- Immersion blender
- Small Saucepan
- 10 Nectarines - halved & pip removed
- 5 Asparagus Spears - green trimmed, blanched & refreshed
- 4 Baby Beets - roasted, peeled & quartered
- 1 Tomato - peeled & seeded
- 20 Crostini - thin sliced bread that has been toasted
- Puffed Wild Rice
- 200 gm Toasted Almonds - crushed
- 150 ml Almond milk - non sweetened
Blood Orange gel
- 250 ml Blood Orange Juice
- 5 gm Gellan
- I like to grill the nectarines on a hot French grill plate, to get eh bar marks. Do this for all cut sided of the fruit.
- Cut the halves into quarters.
- Slice the sections of tomato into several pieces, as you prefer.
- Place the nuts and milk in a pot together with a pinch of salt and sugar. Then heat to 90c for several minutes.
- Allow to infuse for half an hour, then blend with an immersion blender till smooth.
- Pass the liquid through a fine cloth to remove any nut remnants, place in a container and cool.
- Place the juice into a pot and sheer in the gellan with an immersion blender.
- Heat to 95c to allow the gel to hydrate.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool blend with an immersion blender till smooth, adjust with extra juice if required.
- Arrange a selection of the nectarine quarters, tomato, beetroot, and asparagus spears on your chosen plates.
- Pipe several spots of gel onto your plate.
- Top with the puffed rice and the crostini
- Then flood the plate with the almond milk
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!