Written by Kevin Kapusi Starow
There are many granola recipes, all purporting to be the original or the best. Though the thing I like most about granola is the ability to customize it to my specifics, and this recipe is pretty much how I prefer it.
Just like me you need to make your own additions, subtractions or renovations to this recipe to stylize it to your own tastes, if you like chili why not try adding some spice to it, they controls are in your hands, have fun and enjoy. This is my favorite way to utilize oats, their health benefits, and just their general yumminess, if that is at all a word!
My favourite part of this recipe is the scrumdiddly addition of maple syrup, how delicious!
- 500 gm Rolled Oats
- 100 gm Walnuts - chopped
- 100 gm Almonds
- 100 gm Cashews
- 150 gm Sunflower seeds
- 150 gm Linseeds
- ½ tbsp Cinnamon
- 150 ml Safflower Oil
- 1 tbs Vanilla extract
- 100 gm Dried Apricots - chopped
- 200 gm Sultanas
- 100 gm Dried Figs
- 100 gm Goji Berries
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- Pinch Sea Salt
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dried ingredients, except for the dried fruit.
- Now add the wet ingredients and mix together well until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture on greased baking trays.
- Bake in a pre heated oven, at 150c for approx an hour, stirring occasionally to break up any lumps which form.
- Remove and allow to cool prior to adding the fruits, then mix together well.
- Store in an airtight container.
If there is a recipe you would like to learn, and cannot find anywhere, on the internet or by asking your contacts, feel free to give us a shout out. We would be more than happy to help with our contacts you never know what we can turn up.
If you have a killer recipe, you feel E-Bubble Life readers would appreciate and benefit from, feel free to send it through to us. I am sure your recipe would be a great addition to our ever-growing collection. Just think You could soon be in print!
Either leave a message or the entire recipe in the comments section below, remember if you do send through a recipe, it must be your own and accompanied by high-res images, thank you!
Maple Syrup Granola Maple Syrup Granola