When you are struggling to get the kids settled after school, and you need to have something prepared for dinner. Which needs to be nutritious, quick and simple enough to allow you to complete the rest of your tasks before bed. Wild Mushroom & Pork is a recipes which is super simple, tasty, and is always a winner with the family. Bringing together a selection of mushrooms, whatever you have is fine.
To this we jus tuse the pork from sausages, not the skins, it is that simple. Try Wild Mushroom & Pork, it is perfect for the colder months, and can be served with anything you prefer.
Wild Mushroom & Pork
- Heavy frypan
- 500 gm Coarse Pork Sausage - Good quality
- 15 each Garlic cloves - cleaned & lightly crushed
- ¼ bnch Thyme - Picked
- 4 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- ½ Italian Parsley - chopped
- 200 gm Button Mushrooms - halved
- 100 gm Swiss Brown Mushrooms - halved
- 1 Lemon - zested
- 150 ml Dry Sherry
- Salt & Pepper
- Squeeze the meat out of the sausage casings to form small ball shapes.
- Fry off in a pan with a littleolive oil, until all sides have been browned.
- Add to the pan the garlic,thyme and rosemary, and continue to fry off for a further 5 or so minutes.
- Add the sherry and de-glazethe pan, then move to the side off the heat.
- In a separate pan, fry off themushrooms, until golden in colour, then add to the meat balls.
- Allow to cook of for a further10 minutes with the addition of the zests.
- Finish off with the parsleyjust prior to service.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!