Ginger is one of my favourites, and as tea, like Ginger & Lemon Tea it helps to calm an upset stomach. Citrus is great for general immune health though combined with ginger here in this simple infusion. Creates a strong defence for you to combat those winter ills.
I personally like a little honey in my tea, I do have a sweet tooth, and honey is pretty much my only option. If you want to sweeten things up and are trying to avoid processed sugar. You can use honey, of course, agave, fresh stevia leaves, or even fresh maple syrup.
Ginger & Lemon Tea
- 1 lt Water - boiling
- 4 Lemons - juiced
- 16 Ginger - slices (skin on)
- This is great to drink just before dinner, as it helps the tummy prepare for dinner.
- In a tall container, add the ginger, and cover with boiling water.
- Add the lemon juice prior to serving.
- If you prefer things a little sweeter, add some honey with the water, and you can keep it in the refrigerator, to drink cold later.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt-out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!