What's for Dinner Tonight? Kale & Pecorino Frittata
Frittata is the perfect meal or snack for the whole family and this Kale & Pecorino Frittata recipe is the perfect example of such a dish.
So lets look into this Kale & Pecorino Frittata and break down the ingredients a little, well we all know kale though what is pecorino? Pecorino is an Italian semi hard cheese, that is super tasty and a perfect addition to a fritatta of this type.
Frittata is sort of like a cross between an omelet and a quiche, well sort of, though much easier to make and much more forgiving for those less inclined within the kitchen.
Kale & Pecorino Frittata
- heavy pan
- 2 Shallots - peeled & sliced
- 80 gm Purple Kale - washed
- 60 gm Pecorino - shaved
- 8 Eggs
- 50 ml Cream
- 10 gm Tarragon - washed & chopped
- Olive Oil
- Heat a heavy, ovenproof pan over a medium heat.
- Preheat the oven to 90c
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the cream, tarragon, a splash of olive oil, and lastly salt
- Whisk till the eggs are broken down and the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add some oil to the pan and sauté off the onion till soft and golden.
- Add the kale and wilt down, 2 -3 minutes, then season to taste.
- Add the egg mixture and mix through.
- Finally add the cheese ontop and allow to sink in by itself.
- Cook for 5 minutes to allow the base to become golden
- Place in the oven and cook till firm, approx. 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven, portion and serve.
If there is a recipe you would like to learn, and cannot find anywhere, on the internet or by asking your contacts, feel free to give us a shout out. We would be more than happy to help with our contacts you never know what we can turning up.
If you have a killer recipe, you feel E-Bubble Life readers would appreciate and benefit from, feel free to send it through to us. I am sure your recipe would be a great addition to our ever-growing collection. Just think You could soon be in print!
Either leave a message or the entire recipe in the comments section below, remember if you do send through a recipe, it must be your own and accompanied by high-res images, thank you!