Here is a take on a classical French recipe Niçoise Salad. It can be served either as a salad or an entree, which I personally feel it is more suited for. Niçoise Salad is almost the perfect meal, it contains starch, vegetables, the crispness of the green beans. The freshness of tomato, then the umami taste of the fresh tuna, complemented by an aioli, is so delicious.
I would not say this is a simple recipe, due to the amount of preparation required, not a simple after-work recipe to prepare. Though well worth the time and expense, when you sit down to enjoy it.
- Grill pan
- 10 Chat Potatoes - boiled & sliced
- 200 gm Green Beans - blanched & split
- 150 gm Cherry tomatoes - halved
- 25 Kalamata Olives
- 5 Eggs - hard boiled, peeled & sliced
- 10 White Anchovies
- 150 gm Mixed Lettuce
- 400 gm Tuna steaks - seasoned & seared
- Sea Salt
- Though it is not necessary, I do prefer to form this salad in a cylindrical mold.
- Begin by placing some of the potato in the bottom of the mold and compacting.
- Add to this a squeeze of the aioli, on top of which you place some of the tomato.
- Next add some of the beans, followed by more aioli, then some egg.
- Next add a piece of tuna, and compact down firmly.
- Finish with more aioli, and an arrangement of lettuce on top.
Let’s Make a Difference
Every day we have the opportunity to make hundreds of choices. We are so fortunate to live in a time where information is so easily accessible and we have the opportunity and freedom to make choices that we feel are the best for us and our families.
I encourage you to continue educating yourself and others about the benefits of living a plant-based lifestyle. Cook a plant-based meal, opt out of products like leather, watch a documentary with a family member or friend. It’s easy to feel like the choices we make are small, but when we make these choices together, we can make a big difference!